|PROJECT MANAGER III
|Job Number : 10383
|Job Location :
|Job Category : Information Technology
|Job Type : Full Time
Old National Bank was established in 1834. Today we are the largest financial services holding company headquartered in Indiana. We provide an array of services to our clients which include Retail Banking, Investments, Wealth Management and Insurance. At Old National we believe that by helping our associates balance work life with home life, we create a more productive workforce and a stronger company. In 2012 and 2013, we were named one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the EthisphereTM Institute.
Old National Bank has a great opportunity for a Project Manager III at its headquarters in Evansville, IN. This experienced Project Manager III will develop the business case, negotiate project approvals, initiate, plan, execute, control and close projects according to the established Project Management Methodology to ensure projects meet their timeline, budget and quality expectations. This includes requesting resources and coordinating the efforts of team members and third-party contractors or consultants to deliver projects successfully. The Project Manager III will work with project sponsors to define the project’s objectives, requirements and oversee quality control throughout its life cycle. It is imperative that the Project Manager III develops and executes a comprehensive communication plan that accommodates business partner needs and sensitivities.
• Provide oversight to complex enterprise projects frequently managing multiple project teams
• Define the project’s business case, scope, goals and deliverables.
• Develop detailed project plans. Depending on the size of the effort, this may also include unique plans for risk management, communications, training, change management, configuration management and/or quality management.
• Effectively communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
• Serve as the ‘project’s’ liaison with project stakeholders and senior management.
• Estimate the resources and participants needed to achieve project goals.
• Draft and submit ‘project’ budget proposals and recommend and obtain approvals for any budget variances as necessary.
• Where required, negotiate (with support from executive sponsors) the acquisition of staffing and project resources needed to complete the project.
• Set and continually manage project expectations with team members and other stakeholders
• Delegate tasks and responsibilities to appropriate staff.
• Identify and manage project dependencies and critical path.
• Plan and schedule project timelines and milestones using appropriate tools.
• Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation and presentations.
• Generate project metrics and statistical analysis as required
• Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential risks and devise contingency plans.
• Communicate and resolve issues and conflicts that arise in an efficient and effective manner.
• Coach, mentor, motivate and supervise project team members and contractors to influence them to take positive action and accountability for their assigned work.
• Conduct project post mortems and create a recommendations report in order to identify successful project elements and opportunities for improvement.
• Support the development of best practices and tools for project execution and management.
• Bachelor’s degree.
• 10+ years of project management experience with a track record of success on large, complex projects.
• PMI certification is a plus, but not a requirement.
• In-depth knowledge of Microsoft Project.
• Understanding of financial services workflows and enabling applications is a plus but not a requirement.
• Astute presenter that is able to wield influence through the use of statistical analysis.
• Technically competent with various software programs such as Microsoft Office, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
• Ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources including upper management, clients and other departments.
• Politically sensitive and astute.
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
Diversity…Our differences enhance business performance.
Old National is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with disability or any other characteristic protected by law.
We do not accept resumes from external staffing agencies or independent recruiters for any of our openings unless we have an agreement signed by the SVP Talent Acquisition Manager, to fill a specific position.