Old National Bank was established in 1834. Today we are the largest financial services holding company headquartered in Indiana. We provide an array of services to our clients which include Retail Banking, Investments, and Wealth Management. At Old National we believe that by helping our associates balance work life with home life, we create a more productive workforce and a stronger company.
In 2019, Ethisphere Institute announced Old National Bank as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies for the eighth consecutive year.
Old National Bank is seeking a Relationship Banker at our Main office in Owensboro, KY. You will be responsible for delivering an exceptional in-branch client experience, serving as a single point of contact in fulfilling the client’s sales, service, and transactional needs. Central to this role is the ability to engage with client’s, build long-term relationships, create loyalty by providing insight, advice, personalized financial solutions, and recommendations based on both the client’s needs and how they prefer to do business with Old National. The Relationship Banker implements strategies to retain and deepen existing client relationships, establishes new banking relationships through the execution of Old National’s sales process, refers clients to product partners (e.g., Mortgage, Investments, Treasury Management, Merchant Services, Private Banking, Wealth Management, Commercial), builds customer confidence with digital channel capabilities, provides account servicing and maintenance, effectively resolves customer concerns assists with problem resolution, and processes transactions accurately and efficiently.
· Contributes to the banking center’s overall success by meeting defined targets for both sales and service
· Actively participates in weekly sales meetings, call nights, sales blitzes, and other activities to grow sales
· Demonstrates in-depth knowledge of the different banking channels and promotes opportunities to introduce clients to these capabilities; provides customer education and guidance on various self-service solutions including Smart ATMs, online and mobile banking to enhance their service experience
· Proactively resolves a variety of moderate to complex customer maintenance and/or client service problems using available resources for problem resolution, including analysis and understanding of information received from other internal departments such as Loan Operations, Deposit Operations, Internal Bank Support, Reconcilement, Risk Management, etc.
· Maintains well-developed knowledge of all products and services and effectively applies that knowledge to understand and fulfill client needs
· Proactively seeks coaching to develop service and sales skills; shares knowledge and best practices to enhance the team’s skills and performance
· Executes all sales, service, and banking transactions accurately and in compliance with bank policies, procedures, and regulatory requirements
· May assist in mentoring and training of new associates
· May serve as back up to the Banking Center Manager or Assistant Manager to oversee daily branch operations such as opening/closing the branch, ensuring adherence to established bank policies and procedures, researching, and resolving customer issues, etc.
· High school graduate or equivalent required; Associate’s degree or post-secondary classes or degree preferred
· 2+ years of experience in retail sales, banking, and/or consumer lending or advanced education in lieu of work experience
· NMLS registered or ability to obtain NMLS registration
Old National is proud to be an equal opportunity employer focused on fostering an inclusive workplace and committed to hiring a workforce comprised of diverse backgrounds, cultures and thinking styles.
As such, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
We do not accept resumes from external staffing agencies or independent recruiters for any of our openings unless we have an agreement signed by the Talent Development Team Leader, VP, to fill a specific position.